We have been working together from the day we met. Where Anke has a poetic vision of the world, Dik's analytical mind finds joy in the creativity of technology. We collaborate under the name Dutch Igloo.
In our work we combine optical illusions and digital manipulation with tangible materials such as self-made dioramas and collection pieces. The Dutch Igloo Artworks are usually shown in permanent collections of museums and public heritage settings, national and international, where our work is being appreciated by millions of visitors a year.
We are lucky to have our own studio in Amsterdam North, the hearth of a new cultural and creative hotspot of Amsterdam. In our studio we develop concepts for content, multi-media exhibits and products from scratch. The production and realisation can be done in our studio (we have our own workshop and a small green screen studio) or we work on location, together with specialist from all over the world.
Recently we started working on a series of art prints and art objects. In these works they go back to our original starting point. This series, “Creating wilderness”, is about the potential of life. There is a new world to discover.
For our artworks we are represented by:
Opera Gallery PARIS
62 rue du faubourg Saint-Honoré
T +33 (0)1 42 96 39 00
Dik Mus : Rietveld academy, Art; University of Amsterdam philosophies; HTS Alkmaar, Electronics
Anke van Veen: Hogeschool Amsterdam, Dutch language, literature and Drama
Honors & Awards
Awards and honors for projects where Dutch Igloo provided a significant contribution to:
Project: “boyhood dream” in Museum Twentse Welle, Enschede:
- Award: Gouden reiger 2008 award for best exhibit in museum.
Project: The Canal House (with Kossman.de Jong)
- Award: winner- Gouden Reiger 2012: Spatial Media category
Project: Childrens book museum (with Childrens book museum, Kiss the Frog / Grob Enzo / Platvorm / Rapenburg Plaza / Joost de Bleij BV / Kloosterboer Decor)
- Shortlisted - SBID International Design Awards 2012 for Papiria (Award: Cinekid Juryprijs/Cinekid New Media Award 2012
- Children Museum Award Nomination
- Nomination European Museum of the Year Award 2012
- Nomination BankGiro Lottery Museum Price (public)
Project: Maritime Museum Amsterdam (With: Tinker: and studio, London, Hypsos, Tungsten)
- Nomination EMYA (European Museum of the Year Award) 2013
- Nomination BankGiro Lottery Museum Award 2012, Keying into the Brain Juryprijs category multimedia
- Nominatie Children’s Museum Award
- Nominatie European Museum of the Year Award 2012
- Nominatie BankGiro Loterij Museumprijs (publieksprijs) Aw
Project: Scheepvaartmuseum Amsterdam (with: Tinker: MET studio, Londen, Hypsos, Tungsten)
- Nominatie EMYA (European Museum of the Year Award )2013
- Nominatie BankGiro Loterij Museumprijs 2012